Welcome

Hi I'm Tessa :) Welcome to my blog... ENJOY xo

Sunday, October 23, 2011

My time in Bali... Day 2

Day two in Bali... (wednesday) Oiii what a day!!! <3

Day two we booked a trip to see some volcano... Ummm... So we got into a small bus, the air con worked but not to a great deal, we stopped at some weird dragon dance which was part of the tour... Wasn't that great!!!
But it was a cultural experience.
I got a taste to the kind of music they play, and the theatre they performed was REALLY long... we al walked out!!! Here are a couple of pics of that...


First pic is of the live music they played and the second pic is of the "Lion" dog mannerisms leader of the story... didn't really understand it!!!!
After this we went to a bati'k clothing and dye store!!! Seriously, check out their looms... Here's a couple pictures!!!



During this stop we had to stock up on drinks because the bus ride was long and flippin hot...
After a grueling 3-4 hour bus ride to a restaurant to VIEW a volcano from "far far away" in never never land (we got stopped by the cops on the way, corrupt cops, they ask for bribes and if you don't give them one, they find something wrong with your vehicle to fine you for, but they fine you EXTREMELY if you don't pay up - the government is trying their best to weed this corruption out - don't know if its working???)
But we had lunch at this restaurant while over looking a huge mountain that was supposed to be a volcano, here's a pic of Chris & I with the volcano behind us!!!


And here is a pic of the tables that you can sit at and have lunch with the amazing views...

The bus ride was long, it was draining, it was hot... but the views were amazing!!! Here are some more pics of the views I saw as we headed to another destination called "Monkey Forest"...
This is a rice field...
We visited the Monkey Forest next, it was amazing!!! We had to buy some banana's to feed the monkeys, they would crawl up you're legs and swarm you if you didn't give them a banana. There were a couple of people who were freaked out by the monkeys, some even screamed... was funny! And the forest was really pretty!!! Check out some of these photo's...




On the way back to our hotel, there were a few trucks carrying big sacks of ... well... i don't know what, but check out how much the stack is tilting... Yeoowwww... watch out!!!
And see that little tray of flowers and incense at the bottom of the picture, they were their sacrifices and worship offerings for luck and prosperity. People would do this everyday... in their cars, out the front of their shops... they were everywhere... It was hard not to walk on them, cos they were on the floor every where you went!!!
FINALLY... after a long bus ride back to our hotel room, everyone in our group wanted to go out for dinner, but Chris & I were exhausted and really hot, we wanted to stay at the hotel and go for a swim!!!
Just after I got changed into my bikini Chris came up to me and hugged me, and said to me "There's something I wanted to ask you"... So i was all like "Ok, what is it?" (thinking it was going to be 'do u want milk from the store' or something, he reached back into the cupboard and pulled something out, he hugged me again and said "I LOVE YOU AND I WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH YOU" Ehhhhhhhhhhh.... at this stage my ears started whirring and i could hardly hear anything, he was down on one knee and asked "WILL YOU MARRY ME?". Oh.My.Goodness. LOL... hahahahaha I seriously had no idea he was going to propose to me in Bali, I thought he would've proposed next year in 2012, but i was totally taken by surprise, so my first word was "CRAP"... lol hahahaha I then looked at the ring and saw how pretty it was, and i kept saying "its so pretty" over & over again, I think that was just my nerves. Oh my goodness. So we took the ring and put it on my finger, and then after about 5 minutes of looking at the ring on my finger, Chris says to me "So, umm whats your answer?" (Oh yeah - duhhh) My response was "Of course I will marry you"... and then another 5 minutes later it totally sinks in and I started to tear up and cry. I had to wait another 20 minutes before I could go down stairs to the pool, and I decided to be stealth and see if anyone noticed. Of course, it were the flower girls who noticed (we were there in Bali for a wedding) and I didn't wanna go down in all my newly engaged glory showing off, because I didn't want to sub-track from the wedding glory of the wedding couple. But everybody got really excited when they found out!!!! LOL... celebrations galore... even the bride (cassie) dad's best friend Phil got us a present of a picture of Chris & I printed, blown up on a canvas. It was seriously so thoughtful...
And that is how I became engaged and the story of Chris proposing!!! Good times...
Here's a pic of my ring....
A diamond with two sapphire's with 3 little encrusted diamonds down the side... It is seriously the most beautiful and unique ring ever... I absolutely adore it. My fiance' Chris did the best job ever with this ring!!!
Proud of you xoxox

Anyway, later that night... I woke up at 4am in the morning to my bed wobbling from side to side, I didn't know what it was, I thought it might've been Chris, so I leaned over to touch Chris, he was awake and I asked "are you moving" his reply was No, so I asked, is that normal, and CHris said "No, its an earthquake"... I had just experienced my first earthquake. About half an hour later, the after shock happened, it was scarier, because I was wide awake for it, the walls were creaking and cracking... scary!!!!
It was then that I decided to tell Mum & Dad the news...
Here's what I said :)
 And that was day two... Full on eh?!?!

Day 3, coming up!

Peace <3 Tessa xox

No comments:

Post a Comment